The heart and soul of Ubuntu Touch is our global community of hundreds of volunteer contributors – united in their desire for a smartphone that runs on free and open source software. Your donations keep our project alive for the benefit of all.
Keep Ubuntu Touch growing with a small $5/€5 donation
How to install
You can install Ubuntu Touch on this device using the UBports Installer on
Unless device specific instructions are provided by the porter, please follow these general steps:
- Unlock the bootloader, please search the internet for instructions
- Install the required Android/stock rom version ¹
- Select the appropriate installer package for your computer
- Plug in your device and follow the on-screen instructions
- The installer will take it from there
¹ Devices generally require a specific version of Android/stock rom to be installed. This depends on the halium version the port is build on. For example, if the port is based on halium 9, make sure you have Android version 9 installed before running the installer.
Report an Issue for
Xiaomi Redmi 3X, 3S and 3SP
Did the maintainer say that feature ‘works’ but you know from doing it
that it really doesn’t?
Start by searching the bug device issue if you found it, hopefully the porter is on it. 'Subscribe' to the issue in case it get solved.
Couldn't find it?
Uh-oh… Well it is time to let the porter and everyone else know about the fail and send the tech magic back to the workshop for a makeover.
1. Read 'Bug Reporting' section in UBports docs on 'How to report a bug'.
2. Then (this time), head to GitHub Issues and submit it, so the porter knows about it.