Features & Usability
Pro TipUse GitHub to subscribe to the linked Issues. So, whenever bugs get solved (or a fix needs testing) you will know about that.
Automated Usability (beta)
Runs very smoothly without any flaws. The experience on this device will be comparable to other mobile OSes on the market.
- Manual brightness
- Notification LED
- Switching between cameras
- Carrier info, signal strength
- Data connection
- Incoming, outgoing calls
- MMS in, out
- PIN unlock
- SMS in, out
- Change audio routings
- Voice in calls
- 24+ hours battery lifetime
- 7+ days stability
- Boot into UI
- Hardware video playback
- Anbox patches (deprecated)
- AppArmor patches
- Battery percentage
- Offline charging
- Online charging
- Recovery image
- Reset to factory defaults
- RTC time
- Shutdown / Reboot
- Wireless External monitor
- Flight mode
- Automatic brightness
- Fingerprint reader
- Volume control
- MTP access
- ADB access
Confirmed, depending on the maintenance
If there is a link here, follow it to learn more' '
Working to some extent but with issues
Issue is not specific to this device
This device gets updates through these channels, learn more about OTA updates
|Ubuntu Release||Channel||Version||Release Date||Description|
|Xenial||stable||OTA-24||11/21/2022||Stability over newer features (recommended)|
|Xenial||rc||2022-W47||11/21/2022||Testing before the next stable release|
|Xenial||devel||2023-02-06||2/1/2023||Daily built development releases|
|Xenial||edge||2023-01-14||11/21/2022||Here be dragons|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 510|
|Android Version||Android 6.0.1|
|Display||1080x1920 pixels, 5.5 in|
You can install Ubuntu Touch on the versions F5121 and F5122 of the Sony Xperia X. Before, you have to take a number of preparatory steps:
- Ensure you have upgraded the stock firmware at least to Android 8, else you can’t flash the OEM binaries for AOSP. It is best to ensure that you have all the latest firmware installed.
- Enable developer options for your device,
- In the developer options, enable ADB debugging and OEM unlocking,
- Install ADB on your computer
- BEFORE unlocking the boot loader, back up your TA partition, in case you later wish to return to factory state. You can’t do this step at a later stage!
- Get an unlocking code from Sony,
- Reboot to fastboot and unlock the bootloader using the code obtained from Sony
- Download the OEM binaries for AOSP from sony, unpack them,
- Flash them in fastboot (
fastboot flash oem [filename])
Resources for community & developers
Report an Issue for
Sony Xperia X (F5121 & F5122)
Did the maintainer say that feature ‘works’ but you know from doing it that
it really doesn’t?
Start by searching the bug device issue if you found it, hopefully the porter is on it. 'Subscribe' to the issue in case it get solved.
Couldn't find it?
Uh-oh… Well it is time to let the porter and everyone else know about the fail and send the tech magic back to the workshop for a makeover.
1. Read 'Bug Reporting' section in UBports docs on 'How to report a bug'.
2. Then (this time), head to GitHub Issues and submit it, so the porter knows about it.
The Sony Xperia X (F5121 & F5122)
Post to UBports forum
1/3/2023 • 10:43:34 AM • messayisto • 190 views
11/26/2022 • 5:15:30 PM • 777funk • 223 views
9/7/2021 • 10:41:49 PM • marlboro50 • 982 views
11/3/2022 • 12:54:50 PM • 777funk • 202 views
7/6/2022 • 2:36:08 PM • burnedsandwich • 254 views
6/22/2022 • 9:29:24 PM • KCBarton • 342 views
5/12/2022 • 9:09:52 AM • turtlenate • 286 views
2/25/2022 • 5:27:29 AM • DrKebab • 523 views