Samsung's flagship for 2016. Features a Exynos 8890 SOC.
Features & Usability
Pro TipUse GitHub to subscribe to the linked Issues. So, whenever bugs get solved (or a fix needs testing) you will know about that.
A booting device
State: In development
Q: What does this port need to get better?
A: Complete the following features:
Automated Usability (beta)
The device is not able to perform as a phone. If you need complete calling and cellular data functionalities, consider choosing a different device.
- Manual brightness
- Notification LED
- Switching between cameras
- Carrier info, signal strength
- Data connection
- Incoming, outgoing calls
- Dual SIM functionality
- MMS in, out
- PIN unlock
- SMS in, out
- Change audio routings
- Voice in calls
- Volume control in calls
- 24+ hours battery lifetime
- 7+ days stability
- Boot into UI
- Hardware video playback
- Anbox patches (deprecated)
- AppArmor patches
- Battery percentage
- Offline charging
- Online charging
- Recovery image
- Reset to factory defaults
- RTC time
- SD card detection and access
- Shutdown / Reboot
- Wireless charging
- Wireless External monitor
- Flight mode
- Automatic brightness
- Fingerprint reader
- Volume control
- MTP access
- ADB access
Confirmed, depending on the maintenance
If there is a link here, follow it to learn more' '
Working to some extent but with issues
Issue is not specific to this device
Subject to port development
This device gets updates through these channels, learn more about OTA updates
|Ubuntu Release||Channel||Version||Release Date||Description|
|Xenial||devel||2023-02-07||2/6/2023||Daily built development releases|
|CPU||2.3GHz Quad-Core (Exynos M1) + 1.6GHz Quad-Core (Cortex-A53)|
|Chipset||Samsung Exynos 8890|
|Android Version||LineageOS 18.1|
|Display||1440x2560 pixels, 5.1 in|
|Dimensions||142.4 mm (5.6 in) x 69.6 mm (2.7 in) x 7.9 mm (0.31 in)|
|Release date||March 2016|
Contributors of https://github.com/8890q/ made this port possible with their LineageOS 18.1 porting effort
- Kernel features for waydroid are enabled, but waydroid does not support Halium 11.0 currently, cannot test.
- Dual sim Galaxy S7 exynos can only use 3G/4G on one of the sim slot at a time. While it is possible on Android to pick a sim for 3G/4G, on this port, only sim1 can use 3G/4G, sim2 is 2G only.
- Fingerprint sensor drivers are patched to work with halium, but only tested on one of the possible sensor model. Create an issue if fingerprint sensor is not working for you.
Report an Issue for
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos)
Did the maintainer say that feature ‘works’ but you know from doing it that
it really doesn’t?
Start by searching the bug device issue if you found it, hopefully the porter is on it. 'Subscribe' to the issue in case it get solved.
Couldn't find it?
Uh-oh… Well it is time to let the porter and everyone else know about the fail and send the tech magic back to the workshop for a makeover.
1. Read 'Bug Reporting' section in UBports docs on 'How to report a bug'.
2. Then (this time), head to GitHub Issues and submit it, so the porter knows about it.